= Restricted resource
= Some full text
= OpenURL enabled
= Video files
= Audio files
- Chicago Online Guide
- OWL Chicago Online Guide
- Chicago Print Handbook, available in Wallace Library
- Turabian's Chicago Print Handbook, available in Wallace Library
Image: Ren Yi (Ren Bonian) (Chinese, 1840–1896), "Zong Kui," hanging scroll, ink and color on silk, 1883, Metropolitain Musuem of Art.
More Help & Training Sessions
To set up a consultation or an in-class training session to learn more about RefWorks or Zotero, or for any technical help, please contact a Research Librarian.
Citation Formatting in Databases
Tip: Many of our databases and the WorldCat Local catalog also include built-in citation formatting.
The Wallace Library currently supports the free and open-source program Zotero and Elsevier's free program Mendeley.
Zotero [zoh-TAIR-oh] is a free citation management program that allows you to collect, organize, cite, and automatically format your research materials. It comes in two versions: a Firefox extension and a standalone version; the latter is recommended if Firefox is not your primary browser.
With Zotero, you can:
- Import the bibliographic information of articles, books, websites, and other formats directly from library databases, catalogs, or the open web.
- Import PDFs of articles from library databases when available.
- Add notes on each source directly to the Zotero entry for that source.
- Organize entries into project folders.
- Sync all entries to the cloud so that you can access them anywhere, anytime.
Use Zotero with Microsoft Word or LibreOffice to:
- Insert in-text citations directly from your Zotero database in the style of your choice.
- Add bibliographies with one click of a button.
- Change citation styles as needed.
Need Zotero Help?Zotero has an excellent help section, but by all means do contact a Liaison Librarian for help with Zotero or to schedule a workshop or in-class instruction session.
Mendeley is a free reference manager and academic social network that can help you organize your research, collaborate with others online, and discover the latest research:
- Automatically generate bibliographies
- Collaborate easily with other researchers online
- Easily import papers from other research software
- Find relevant papers based on what you're reading
- Access your papers from anywhere online
- Read papers on the go, with our iOS and Android apps